Butlers of London

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ members nobo - butler society ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patricia Edwards (nee BUTLER) on March 06, 19102 at 20:14:38:

In Reply to: Butler's from London posted by Mrs Cassy Butler on February 15, 19102 at 16:42:36:

I don't know if there is any connection as my grandfather's family appear to be invisible. I only know that my great-grandparents arrived in England from Ireland some time in the 1800s and settled in Peckham (then Kent, but now London). They were Charles Bartholomew BUTLER and Mary Ann O'CONNOR - they had 22 children, Bartholomew Charles, my grandfather (same name as his own father, born 16th July around 1880 or therabouts), Frederick and the rest are unknown because my grandfather married a farmer's daughter from Kent who went to work for the family in their emporium (a huge warehouse type place that provided goods for other shops in the area). The family are supposed to be related to whoever Butler's Wharf was named after, but they were Catholic so I don't know if this is true as I believe the John Butler that the wharf is named after was a Knight's Templar. Sorry for whaffling on, but I am getting most depressed not finding any info on the above.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ members nobo - butler society ] [ FAQ ]