Mary Luby

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ members nobo - butler society ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Butler on March 30, 19101 at 20:24:52:

In Reply to: Mary Luby posted by James Barry Menacher on March 28, 19101 at 21:32:46:

Dear James
I don�t feel that I can be very helpful on the Luby connection, but here goes:
I have an Elizabeth Luby in my family tree. She was born in Ireland, I would guess at around the same time as your Mary Luby. When my wife and I were in Cashel, Co. Tipperary a couple of years ago we called into the Heritage Centre and were told that the surname Luby was strongly concentrated in Tipperary, so Elizabeth might have been born in that area but I don�t know for certain.
What I do know, however, is that she married Andrew Moran, probably round about 1820. They had at least 4 children, as follows: Patrick (b.1822/23, Ireland � possibly he was named after Elizabeth�s father?); Mary (b.1827/28, Co. Leitrim, Ireland), Andrew (b. 1829/30, Ireland); and, Ann (b. ????, Stalybridge, near Manchester, England).
My first point of reference to their family is the 1851 Census when Elizabeth, then a widow, was living in Stalybridge with her son Andrew and daughter Ann. My great great grandfather Patrick Butler was lodging with them at that time.
If you think that there is a link with your research then perhaps you would be good enough to let me have some feedback.
Best wishes and good luck
Joe Butler

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ members nobo - butler society ] [ FAQ ]