Posted by Bill Owens on January 03, 19101 at 02:49:42:
Searching for information on Emory Marion Butler, born March 15, 1858 in Jeferson County (Birmingham) Alabama USA to John M. Butler and Margaret A. Philyaw Butler. The 1860 Alabama census for Jefferson County lists all of this Family. By 1870 I believe that
1. Margaret has had 3 more children 2 girls and a boy
2. Margaret and the 2 girls have died (maybe in summer of 1866)
3. John M. Butler has married Margarets sister Caroline
4. John then dies and Caroline moves to Lauderdale County Alabama (Florance) with the 2 boys.
5. Caroline, Emory Marion, and William Butler are living with Caroline's mother Elizabeth Butler Philyaw.
6. It is believed that John M. Butler was Elizabeth Butler Philyaw's nephew.
Emory Marion Butler has migrated to Northeast Arkansas USA by 1880/1 and remained there until his death in 1928.
John M. Butler is said to have been born in Alabama in 1838, would like to find information on his parents. One source has them as John Haynes Butler and Ann Dyer, but have not been able to verify.
Post a Followup