Posted by Karen Larkin on August 16, 19100 at 05:27:06:
John Lowton (Lowten) Butler, b. 20 Feb 1726/27 (or 9 Feb 1726/27) Prince George County, Va; d. 1 August 1786, Amelia County, VA. He married Sarah Wright 11 July 1751, Amelia County, Va; d/o John Wright and Juliana Williams. Sarah was born 28 March 1728, Isle of Wight, VA; died 17 Feb 1896.
Children of John Lowton (Lowten) and Sarah Wright Butler:
1) Elizabeth Butler, b. 13 Jan 1753, Prince George County, VA., m. William Elam, 30 May 1773, Amelia County, VA.
2) Mary Butler; b. 28 Nov 1775 Prince George County, VA.; m. James Gow, 3 October 1773, Amelia County, VA.
3) William Butler, b 11 Nov 1757, Prince George County, Va; d. 22 July 1857, Trimble County, KY.
4) Philip Butler, b. 14 Dec 1769, Amelia County, VA; d. 1796 Ft. Massac, Massac, IL.
William Butler (John Lowton (Lowten)1), b. 11 Nov 1757, Prince George County, VA; d. 22 July 1857, Trimble County, KY. He married (1) Martha Farley 11 July 1782, Amelia County, VA; d/o Joseph Farley and Mary Ellington. Martha Farley was born 16 Dec 1765; d. 23 Oct 1823, Henry County, KY. He married (2) Frances Ellington 4 Feb 1825, Henry County, KY.
Children of William and Martha Farley Butler:
1) Joseph Farley Butler; b. 13 July 1787, VA; d. 3 Feb 1814, Detroit, Michigan; m. Nancy Walden/Waldern d/o John Walden/Waldern and Mary Unknown.
Children of Joseph Butler and Nancy Walden/Waldern:
1) Sophia Butler, b. 27 May 1809, Henry County, KY; d. 25 August 1823, Henry County, KY.
2) John Ferguson Butler, b. 16 Sept 1811, Henry County, KY; d. 16 July 1861, Trimble County, KY.
Am very much interested in knowing more of John Lowton (Lowten) Butler, his parents, grandparents, siblings, other children. Thus far, no one seems to be able to get beyond this man. Would also be interested in knowing more of John Ferguson Butler. Only one child is listed which seems unusual
All help greatly appreciated. Thank you so much. Karen
Post a Followup